My main idea was to blog about this process of being published for the first time, but how do I go about doing that? What do you want to know? What would I want to know?
Why I went with this “hybrid” independent publisher:
- I retain creative control, yet receive She Writes Press’s knowledge of the industry’s standards;
- I keep a higher percentage of royalties;
- She Writes Press is a community-based group—all authors are supported equally;
- The editorial staff is accessible;
- They vet their authors with a three track system—I will be on Track 3, which means I will have one of their edit my manuscript;
- They have traditional distribution through Ingram Publisher Services of print and ebooks;
- Book covers are beautiful and professional, and covers matter a great deal;
- She Writes Press has a top notch reputation—they were 2019 Independent Publisher of the Year.
There’s more, but that’s enough this time around. Check out the video if you want to see the rest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb971_X5PAQ&feature=youtu.be
I should add that She Writes Press and any affiliate is in no way paying me for writing this. These are reasons why I chose them to publish my very first novel, and am thrilled that they accepted my manuscript.
I received an email from Brooke which stated that, because of Covid-19, it may be spring of 2022 before publication could take place. That gives me about two years to get an author platform and everything else in place. Two years of an amazing journey. Will some of you come along with me?